Sunday, September 23, 2007

X-Axis comments thread - 23 September 2007

It's been a busy week, and the couple of reviews I had planned for the weekend... well, haven't been written yet. So check back over the next few days for some thoughts about Jasper Fforde's latest novel First Among Sequels and... something that I still can't quite believe I agreed to go and see.

Meanwhile, this week: New X-Men #42 takes a break from the senseless carnage to give us an issue of people bemoaning the senseless carnage; Marvel Comics Presents is back (and I'm still not quite sure why); and Umbrella Academy, the book by the lead singer of My Chemical Romance, turns out to be an entirely unexpected little ray of sunshine.

Oh, and I'm perfectly serious about the Hellcat story, by the way. I honestly can't fathom what it's trying to do, so if it makes any sense to you, do enlighten me.