Monday, April 09, 2007

Miscellany: 9 April 2007

Hmm, it's been longer than I thought...

- This week's X-Axis has reviews of Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America - Wolverine (yes, that's the full title), Avengers: The Initiative #1 and Omega Flight #1. No reviews next week, because I'm holiday. The X-Axis will be back in a fortnight.

- There is, honestly, a reason why I haven't been updating the Indexes. Trust me.

- Since I linked to my own Marvel sales post for February, I should also belatedly link to Marc-Oliver's equivalent for DC. If you haven't read it, it's wrist-slitting stuff for DC. The post-Infinite Crisis launches generally haven't caught on, the WildStorm imprint is D.O.A., and the latest revamps of Wonder Woman and Flash seem to be underperforming to an embarrassing extent. Hopefully the Vertigo imprint is still doing well in the bookstores, because there's really not much in these figures to cheer DC up.

- This year's indie novelty record, "Thou Shalt Always Kill", has charted on the strength of pre-release download sales. I'm not quite sure what to make of this. Bit studenty - well, extremely studenty - but the "just a band" stuff is great. It's actually been getting daytime airplay on Radio 1, which is kind of odd for a record that consists of a man whinging about Minor Threat fans.



- Tonight on WWE Raw: Mick Foley, in something involving the Make A Wish Foundation. They're pushing it rather hard in the preview, which means one of two things: (a) they haven't written anything else worth mentioning yet, or (b) it's some sort of angle. But... even the WWE wouldn't be tacky enough to do a storyline playing off a cancer kids' charity? Would they? I'm fearing the worst here.